3 replies to this topic

#1 J.Maff

J.Maff

Civilian

• Civilian
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

First of what is HuntIR? It is a M320 Launched round Weighing .4 pounds each. It requires a HuntIR Monitor which weighs 2 Pounds. Anyone who has a monitor can connect to the round. It is a parachuted camera that is controlled by wind but you can also use the arrow keys to control where it is pointed at. This will help in situations where we have no recon/ eyes in the sky and need to breach an open compound. It also has night vision and can zoom up to 8x using A and D. From what i heard and seen we are moving towards more CQB oriented gamplay and this would help massively towards saving lives and time if we need to say search a town for a group of enemies or if a compound is not on the map we can get the layout.

The Next Issue i could see is Weight, so lets use the rifleman loadout as our max at 69.07 lb we could stay under this. The current Grenadier is 62.82 lb we could add 5 Hunt Rounds and a monitor and still only be at 66.82 lb.

A team lead is currently at 66.47 lb add the 2 pounds for the monitor it comes out to 68.47 lb allowing for half a pound of extra equipment while still be only as heavy as a rifleman,

and finally the last person to theoretically need one a squad lead is currently at 66.11 lb adding the 2 for the monitor it comes out to 68.11 lb still allowing for almost a pound for accessories again. 

All these Weights came straight from the training servers scroll menu loadouts.

If anyone has any questions on why would we add this or any other concerns drop it and i will try to add this.

• P.Ares and J.Sco like this

#2 RET M.Cullen

RET M.Cullen

Retired

• Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Negative.  We don't need it.  And they don't work well as it is.

Posted Image

Staff Sergeant Michael Cullen

Gunslinger 1-3 Weapons Squad Leader

S-1 RMS | S-1 SDC | S-7 Drill Sergeant

#3 P.Ares

P.Ares

Civilian

• Civilian
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

With all the work you put into creating this idea, I think it'd be worth at least looking at and testing on my end. 

Nice work

#4 J.Sco

J.Sco

Civilian

• Civilian
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

Maff and I have messed around with this in the training server a few times, definitely worth looking at and can be extremely useful to command and team leaders... Grenadiers, TL, SL, and up should carry a monitor. Anyone can see the feed from someone else shooting it. 

Edit: Also If this is approved, 1-1A will gladly be the test subject in a op or training and I will be sure Maff and I will individually train so we both can be confident on the system.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users