"Giving you a second chance if your everyday CPR doesn't do squat." - Belbo(mod author)
The ACE 3 advanced medical system provides a more complex and detailed medical simulation and is based off the 'CSE CMS'.
It focuses on a more realistic model for injuries and treatments, thus resulting in a more important and prominent role for combat medics, and a bigger incentive to avoid getting shot.
The system behind advanced medical is designed to attempt to mimic important parts of the human body, as well as react to any injuries sustained and treatments applied in a realistic manner.
Ever since the release of ACE 3 medical system, there has been a included module known as the 'Revive Module'.
How this system works:
- A unit in the revive state will be unconscious and will stay unconscious until it is either woken up or the revive timer runs out.
- Each successful CPR will increase the time the unit can stay in the revive state.
- To wake up a patient the use of a PAK is required. -This is important !
There are some problems with this system.
1. CPR practically does nothing as long as your patient has no pulse (i.e. is in the revive state).
2. You would need to use a Personal Aid Kit to revive your patient, which isn't very realistic.
3. Using a PAK to revive resets all of the players health variables back to their start values - practically doing a magical heal with the magical wand called PAK.
INTRODUCING-> ADV ACE3 CPR (adv is the mod makers nametag, NOT an abbreviation for advanced)
With Adv Ace3 CPR you can finally use CPR to get someone out of the revive state without healing him completely, making gameplay much more interesting.
After successfully "stabilizing"(using CPR or the new defibrillator) a the patient, he/she will have a basic pulse of at least 30bpm.
ACE-doctors have a 40% success rate and ACE-medics have a 15% success rate.
Regular riflemen can resuscitate a patient, but they will have a much lower success rate. They can still keep the patient from dying due to an expired revive timer though.
The success rate is lowered if the patient looses blood and is raised if the patient received Epinephrine right before CPR. The minimum rate is always 2% - except if resuscitation has been disabled for regular riflemen.
NEW medical item: The defibrillator
This works almost like the CPR action, but you have to have a defibrillator in your inventory and it's much faster and the success rate is way higher.
You can only use the defibrillator if you're a medic or doctor.
On to PRO's and CON's
+ More realistic medical system
+ No more magical PAK wand
+ Medics will have to conduct primary and secondary medical care
+ Regular infantry will actually be contributing to resuscitating fallen teammates as well as extending the revive timer
+ PAK's can still be set to be used in base
+ Working defibrillator model with sounds
+ No known bugs
+ Compatible with the current ACE3 v3.12
+ Plug and play installation
- Retraining medics to familiarize with the new CPR system and use of the defibrillator
- Retraining regular infantry to familiarize with the new CPR system
- Update standard operation procedures and practices
- Update training manuals
- Possible incompatibility with upcoming ACE3 updates due to this third party addition
- Possible obsolescence with the upcoming ACE medical rewrite, although this rewrite has been in the works since LAST January(there are rumors that this might be included in the rewrite anyway)
- Another mod to keep track