I believe you can upload images which can be placed on the shoulder opposite of the unit patch. We did this in the Paramarine Task Force and it looked very cool in game. Gives members a way to distinguish NCO's and Officers from normal men.
Rank Patches (in-game)
Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:55 PM
while this is a good idea, it requires us to make roughly 20 different versions of the same uniform. perhaps we can find a way to add right shoulder patches through a mod that would allow players to change their rank patch via the virtual arsenal in the main menu.
Chief Warrant Officer 2 Riley Sharp
160th SOAR Executive Officer
Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:28 AM
I found a couple of mods,
- Supports separate player and AI support
- Supports squad URL.
- 5 different sets of rank patches.
- Squad URL support. Explained in the included userconfig.
- Multiplayer, Dedicated Server, JIP and Single player scenario compatible.
- Other mod compatibility as long as the uniform/ unit mod supports the insignia system.
2. KP Ranks
- Uses config via dedicated server userconfig files or via unit init line in the editor
- Ranks for German "Flecktarn", "Tropentarn", US Army and Croatian Troops. (from the bottom til Colonel / Oberst)
- Server owners can manage the applied ranks with a serverside userconfig file, where they can list every player via steamID and the proper rank for them.
- Missionmakers can set the rank of a player unit via init line.
- The ranksign get's reapplied after uniform change or opening the arsenal.
- If a player isn't listed at the server file or don't have something in his unit init line, he will get the lowest rank.
- There is also a userconfig file with the uniform list, on which the mod will apply the ranksigns. Server owners can extend this list as they want.
- You get automaticly the right ranksign, even during running missions. If you wear a german Flecktarn uniform, you'll get a green german one. If you wear a german Tropentarn uniform, you'll get a brown german one and if you wear a vanilla NATO ArmA uniform, you'll get the US ranksign.
- Mission module included to force the usage of this mod.
Add the rank insignia to every unit in the editor via the identity attributes.
They will both require upkeep and maintenance
Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:43 PM
the unfortunate sad thing about or nice as fuck uniforms. they dont have patch capabilities., hence why you no longer see the unit patch when in game
First Lieutenant Robert Payne
Gunslinger 1-6 Platoon Leader
S-1 Soldier Development Coordinator | S-2 Unit Liaison | S-7 Training
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users